Purpose of Job:
The HR Manager will report the Vice President of Human Resources and will support our core mechanical businesses. Working directly with the business leaders, the HR Manager will support the day to day operations of the business including recruiting, onboarding, benefit support, performance management and training.
- Support field recruitment activities to include posting open positions, reviewing applicants, screening candidates, extending employment offers, and ensuring completion of pre-hire processes.
- Responsible for onboarding including new employee paperwork and orientation
- Administers the employee handbook and supports the management team on enforcing policy.
- Prepares and maintains all employee files and documentation, ensuring accurate record-keeping and retention.
- Provides front line support for employee benefits programs, answers benefits-related questions and supports open enrollment with Total Rewards Manager.
- Administer Family and Medical Leave pursuant to state and federal regulations and ensures accurate documentation and tracking in conjunction with Total Rewards Manager.
- Develops effective working relationships with management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
- Ensures timely completion of performance and compensation review for assigned teams.
- Oversees performance management, tracking feedback and supporting the development of disciplinary documentation.
- Supports training activities by identifying appropriate training materials, communicating programs and ensuring completion.
- Supports wellness activities including health promotion activities, healthy behavior programs, and health assessments/screenings.
- Communicates personnel and policy changes to employees as needed.
- Ensure positive relationship with all employees and appropriate trade unions.