True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Representative who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making & team work. In this role you will support all aspects of our Regional Distribution Center in Denver, CO.
Starting Pay Rate: $18.00 to $19.00 per hour
Scheduled Hours: 7:30am to 4pm
Scheduled Days: Monday through Friday
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the human resources (HR) department. Assists in administering HR policies and procedures. Collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment etc., and generates ideas for process improvement. Answers basic associate questions related to HR policies or offerings. May conduct pre-employment screening interviews. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role.
- May liaises with field recruiter and has primary focus on recruiting, onboarding, orientation and offboarding. Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing, for e.g. hiring, layoffs, resignations, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Verifies and process payroll and time and attendance data for hourly associates to ensure accuracy. Maintains and monitors associate records to ensure completion and accuracy of details. Accountable for HR compliance e.g. I-9 audits, payroll audits, and other internal/external requirements.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents information and data related to various training programs, both in-person and online, for e.g. safety training, anti-harassment training, etc.
- Liaises with corporate benefit’s team and assists with the administration of associate benefits, which may include collecting and submitting associate information and documenting notice of change in status under health, dental, life, disability, and other insurances.
- Handles routine employment related inquiries from applicants, associates, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate HR Level.
- Manages and tracks LOA (FMLA, W/C and ADA) related matters and reviews relevant data to ensure accuracy and adherence to company policies. Refers complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate HR Level.
- Supports various associate meetings and events.
- Possesses working knowledge of various HR laws, policies and practices. Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes and ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in an office environment.
- 1-3 years previous experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Knowledge of HR operations, processes and best practices preferred.
- Computer skills, especially knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.