At Modis, we use our insight, knowledge, and global resources to make exceptional connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose Modis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing quick-fill demands.
- Position: IT- Solution Architect with Omni
- Type: Full-time
Must Haves -
- Min 5 years experience with Sitecore.
- Experience with Omni Channels initiative and development.
This Hands-on Solution Architect role will be responsible for designing, coding, and supporting the rollout of Omni Channel initiatives using multiple technology platform(s) across multiple environments, serving as a mentor to other application developers within the company. This position is part of an overall architecture practice that includes enabling agility within the company by ensuring a connected and informed enterprise. Solution Architects develop and maintain current and target state architectures for their respective products across all four architecture domains (Business, Information, Application, and Technology) to the level of detail appropriate to making them fit-for-purpose and consistent with standards set by the Enterprise Architecture principles and standards. They are execution-oriented, agile-minded evangelists of architecture as a means of accelerating time to market, increasing productivity, and responding to changes with fast, well-informed, and data-driven decisions.
- Hands-on Technical Lead/Architect for the Omni Channel initiative and mentor for the Omnichannel developer community
- Works closely with the engineering teams and IT Ops organization to achieve robust, scalable solutions within the development environment.
- Deep understanding of Digital experience platforms/Content management Platforms such as Sitecore, Adobe Experience manager, Magento etc.
- Collaborate with other DXP/CMS Front-End and Back-End developers to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions
- Maintain broad knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectural patterns, and emerging technologies
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the current business environment and how their product/solution supports and enables it
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions
- Follows established methodology to plan, design, and support the development and delivery of projects/products
- Provides support to product teams to ensure the development of quality deliverables are properly planned and delivered
- Strong knowledge of cloud foundation principles and standards.
- Ability to paint a technology vision and communicate its value to leadership and teammates; experience in communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Communicate/capture solutions using architectural tools such as Sequence diagram, Flow chart, UML, etc.
- Contribute thought leadership, perform systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and write documentation
- Design and implement leading-edge solutions for the business
- Support Agile teams with planning, scoping, and creation of technical solutions for new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Maintains broad enterprise-level knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects, and initiatives
- Evaluates products for best fit, reusability, and functionality across business and technology needs
- Maintain broad knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures, and emerging technologies
- Ensures alignment of Solution/Product Architecture to Enterprise Architecture and strategic business plans. Identifies strategic opportunities for the matrixed architecture practice and engages key stakeholders to ensure support and alignment.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the current business environment and how their product/solution supports and enables it.
- Understands business processes and their relationship to the systems and technology that enable/support them.
- Identify and document exceptions to architectural standards and their rationale for consideration by the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Follows established methodology to plan, design, and support the development and delivery of projects/products.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, technology or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of disciplined software engineering experience in the design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components.
- 5+ years of hands-on coding and architecting in .Net and/or J2EE environment
- 2 years of Sitecore architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution Architect in a comparable (or larger) organization
- Deep understanding of micro and web services, cloud-native services, Lambda or similar functions, API technologies, NoSQL DBs, Solr, or other search technologies.
- Extensive experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Deep knowledge of CI tools, GitHub, Docker, and container orchestration tools and technologies
- Experience with Cloud software environments like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to foster alignment and lead in a matrixed environment
- Strong solution architecture skills with a demonstrated ability to capture the current state and define and implement a target architecture
- Strong project management skills including stakeholder analysis, risk assessment, and risk mitigation
- Strong communication skills; ability to successfully communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems and to work in a team setting to solve problems
Interested candidates, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]