Nucor is North America's largest recycler and most diversified steel and steel products company. Since 1969, we've led the industry in developing innovative technologies for recycling scrap into high-quality steels that are all around us, from bridges and buildings to cars and appliances.
Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Assisting the Kiosk Operator with weighing, sorting, and moving material including general duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Preparing autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
- Inspect incoming scrap and/or cars, advising customers of accepted and non-accepted scrap and taking deductions as needed.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Experience with Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift preferred.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.