Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk I
- Ideal candidate will work to provide legal support for the ENRD Water cases on a daily basis.
- Works under the direction of Project Manager performing complex legal research; preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc..
- Reviewing documents for relevance and privilege.
- Assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Must have law degree and have passed the bar.
- Must have at least two to three years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- A strong working knowledge of Relativity.
- Ideally a willingness to travel, if a need to support a trial out-of state comes up.
This position supports a SCA (Service Contract Act) contract; therefore, the hourly wage is determined by the Department of Labor. This position is classified as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant III and the hourly wage is $31.20/hr and is eligible for Health and Welfare.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.