Job Title: Lead Functional Safety Quality Engineer
TRIMBLE, INC. (NASDAQ: TRMB) is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
To learn more about Trimble, visit: www.trimble.com
As a functional safety quality engineer, you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team and will contribute to the quality management of the work products created for the development of the electronic control systems used in the semi-autonomous and autonomous solutions in accordance with functional safety ISO norms (i.e. ISO 25119, ISO 13849, ISO 19014, ISO 26262, etc) and assist with the processes, testing and documentation.
- Participate in functional safety activities (HARA, FMEDA, FMEA, FTA etc.) and create and maintain the work products of these activities
- Assist with the documentation and management of the quality of the work products during the development of the electronic control systems.
- Perform quality reviews and suggest improvements.
- Manage the quality management processes for multiple projects and teams.
- Create test plans, perform tests and create the test documentation.
- Support functional safety certifications
- Support multiple programs and teams
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, computer or similar engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with the quality management of functional safety applications using standards like ISO 26262 and the supporting processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional working knowledge of the use of requirements management tools like DOORS or Polarion.
- Experience with the configuration management of the functional safety related work products for development and assessment.
- Experience with the testing tools, testing methods and related documentation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment with minimal supervision, and effectively interact with multiple teams
- Experience with the functional safety certification of one or multiple products
- Familiarity with GNSS solutions and autonomous vehicle architectures
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D