DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Dish Technologies is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test at our Englewood, CO office to be responsible for designing, developing, and executing automated test solutions used for validating the features in software releases for a wide-range of configurations and Set Top Box (STB) models and the web services that support the functionality of those features. The test automation frameworks can vary depending on the problem statement being addressed. There are primarily three types of testing that are in use. STB User Interface (UI), Application Programming Interface (API) for both STB and web services, and Web Browser Interfaces.
A core responsibility of this role will be to evaluate software features as candidates for automation. The Software Developer in Test will also be responsible for participation within the entire SDLC of automation including the development of test procedures, tools, and measurement metrics for internal and external products or services.
- Design, develop, and execute detail oriented test cases based on product specifications
- Actively participate in test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving
- Collaborate with peers testers and developers to improve testing processes
- Analyze root cause of test script/case failures
- Manual testing supplementary to automation
- At least 2 years of experience in Software Test or Software Quality Assurance
- At least 2 years of experience with Dish products or similar technology
- At least 2 years of experience with some or all phases of testing: Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance Testing
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in technical problem solving; root cause analysis; and data gathering, analysis, and reporting within a system/software quality assurance discipline
- ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundational Level
- Highly analytical and thorough in tasks assigned
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable, committed and responsible
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure with hard deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications and planning skills
Compensation: $38,725.00/Yr. - $49,575.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.