Litigation Paralegal - Denver
July 26, 2022
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith is a national law firm that is seeking a professional, proactive litigation paralegal to join its growing, fast-paced office in Denver, CO. Responsibilities for the litigation paralegal will include, but are not limited to, litigation case management, preparing filings and documents, page line deposition summaries, medical records summaries, trial prep, and legal research. The salary for this role is $60,000 - $80,000 annually. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability and 401(k).
- Minimum of 3+ years of substantive General Liability (GL) litigation experience
- Experienced, well-organized, and independent
- Expected to bill a minimum of 1,600 hours annually
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of trial: case management, document review, and trial experience
- Proficiency in e-discovery and litigation support tools such as Relativity
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple priorities and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Litigation paralegal will exercise excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Medical background or experience is a plus.
Essential Job Functions
Strong experience with subpoenas, reviewing medical records, and research. Performs any and all other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the department, office, and firm. Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Ability to work directly with partners, associates, co-counsel, and clients. Ability to delegate tasks and engage firm resources in the completion of large projects. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment. Ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with computerized litigation databases. Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and/or Lexis. Paralegal certificate or degree required.
Please submit resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]