Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Litigation Paralegal PAE has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal supporting the Affirmative Civil Enforcement Section of the Denver United States Attorney's Office. * Assists attorneys with current litigation support needs focusing on discovery and trial preparation.
* Reviews and analyzes case documents such as investigative reports, medical records, agency reports, witness statements/reports, transcripts, and document productions for civil cases.
* Assists with running searches, reviewing documents, tagging docs, bates numbering files, and exporting files from eDiscovery Database.
* Prepares Summaries and Chronologies • Organizes, indexes and logs data utilizing USAO databases.
* Assists with databases searches, Within the case database (such as Relativity or Eclipse), the senior paralegal will also assist with defining coding fields and checking on document review/coding efforts for an assigned case.
* Determines appropriate software that will be required for document management and graphics development (simple).
* Utilizes CaseMap, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and or Trial Director to assist attorney's with creating presentations.
* Prepares exhibit/witness lists, trial notebooks, expert witness binders, etc.
* Assists with creating charts, demonstratives, and visuals for legal proceedings.
* May assist with trial presentation preparation and trial exhibit creation. Minimum Required Qualifications: * Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
* Requires at least 3 year of experience supporting litigation.
* Must be familiar with the use of Microsoft suite (Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Hands on experience conducting legal research is required.
* Excellent communication skills are required.
* Must have experience assisting with the cases in the Discovery stage.
* Must be able to work well under pressure meeting fast approaching deadlines.
* Travel may occasionally be required. Preferred Qualifications: * Familiarity with Relativity, Eclipse, Concordance and/or other relatable document review platform is preferred.
* Ability to learn new applications with USAO provided training.
* Paralegal Certificate or relatable education helpful. This position supports a SCA (Service Contract Act) contract; therefore, the hourly wage is determined by the Department of Labor. This position is classified as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant II and the hourly wage is $24.85/hr +, and is eligible for Health and Welfare. #APP21 PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement