Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our business lines are Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Middle Market Banking, and Treasury Management & Payment Solutions.
Middle Market Banking
Services private and public companies with annual sales of $5 million to $2 billion
Specialized expertise across industry sectors
- As the most senior level relationship management position in local government banking, services the most complex relationships in the smaller government market segment.
- Works collaboratively with other segments within Government and Institutional Banking (GIB), leverages product partner expertise, and involves local bank leadership in developing our brand and reputation in each market.
- Has a specific focus on governmental entities with primary clients consisting of counties, cities, K-12 public education, and essential services such as water and sanitation districts as well as public safety.
- Responsible for all aspects of the customer experience, deepening relationships with current clients and acquiring new customers.
- Responsible for all compliance, risk management, and due diligence related to all activities in highly-regulated government banking.
- Utilizes knowledge in all services utilized by government entities to deliver the most comprehensive value proposition to our clients (e.g., treasury management, liquidity and investment management, tax exempt lending, and public finance).
- Works with subject matter expert partners to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services critical to delivering our value proposition.
- May provide guidance to other local government relationship managers.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights or other long-term incentive awards
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: account relationship management, credit management or treasury management
- Ability to work collaboratively across business lines
- Ability to successfully exceed goals with a results focus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently while supporting clients across a large geography
- Experience interacting with government entities in industry specific forums
- Knowledge and understanding of delivering credit solutions, tax exempt lending, and working with financial advisors
- Effective negotiating skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
- Experience engaging the community via board service volunteerism and embracing a commitment to diversity
- Sales and referral skills
- Leadership skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with local government agencies, including cities, counties, school districts and water and sanitation districts
- Extensive experience with treasury management and collaborating with product partners
- Experience working with municipal credit
- Extensive experience with business development activities and acquiring new municipal relationships
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CO-Denver: Min: $98,000 Mid: $140,000
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.