We’re looking for a full time logo sign installer to install and maintain our interstate logos signs – the ones that tell you when to exit for food, gas, etc. Our Interstate Logos office in Lakewood, CO is now hiring a new Logos Field Operations person to help us enhance the Interstate Logo Program in the state of Colorado.
The Interstate Logos division of Lamar Advertising is the largest provider of contract logo signing and tourist-oriented directional signing (TODS) programs, partnering with State Transportation Agencies since 1988. Interstate Logos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Media Corp., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly rate for this position is $21 / hour with occasional overtime opportunities. We provide performance-based wage increases.
The purpose of the Interstate Logo Sign Installer (i.e. Field Technician) position is to complete the necessary field operations tasks, such as installing and removing interstate logo signs and/or TODS (Tourist-oriented directional signing). These are the “blue signs” that direct motorists to gas, food, lodging, camping and attractions along the interstate. This entry-level, full time position often works alone and must be able to manage work schedules effectively.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Installation and removal of interstate logo signs via bucket truck
- Minor sign repair and sign maintenance
- Vegetation control (site clearing) related to the ground mounted signs including removal of trees, brush, weeds, etc.
- Attend safety meetings monthly
- Organization and cleaning of warehouse space and supply yard area
- Travel 90% by vehicle. Overnight travel required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to work independently along side of highway.
- Effectively manage time and navigate planned routes.
- Work safely and implement traffic control devises to ensure safe working environment.
- Comfortable working at heights and the occasional use of ladders.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required
- Familiar with the use and maintenance of power/manual tools, basic construction equipment and machinery preferred.
- Previous experience operating bucket truck or similar vehicle preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is outdoors.
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting greater than 50% of the time, pushing, reaching, seeing (reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing up to 30 feet high.
- The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending nights away from home is greater than 50% including multiple overnights per week.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)