Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Healthcare Economics is responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative and statistical analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data. The key areas of focus for this role include the identification of potential medical cost saving opportunities and the effectiveness of health management initiatives.
If you are located in East coast or Central ( EST or CST time zone), you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops and maintains reporting that allows for ease of data retrieval and manipulation regarding a variety of topics such as claims payment, utilization management, health plan capitation, Medicare risk adjustment, and others. Maintenance includes commitment to automation of regular deliverables
- Leverages existing and ad-hoc reporting capabilities to identify trends in health plan performance and clinical opportunities
- Works with clinical teams to identify areas of opportunity to drive the performance of programs and develops full understanding of clinical programs being measured
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare data. Provides management with concise conclusions and areas for improvement, if applicable
- Develop and perform the daily/weekly/monthly auditing of the data infrastructure and deliverables to ensure reliability, completeness, and accuracy of the Medical Economics data and reporting operations
- Sets team direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to members of own team. Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
- Coordinates requests for analysis from internal and external clients including assignment, mentoring, and establishing timelines
- Communicates the development, risk, and critical actions resulting from IT initiatives affecting reporting so that they can be disseminated and addressed in a timely manner
- Participates and contributes to the technology vision, strategy, and delivery roadmaps via being a promoter for data literacy, health literacy, an effective data translator, and steward of technology assets and resources
- Maintains documentation of systems and processes
- Ensures accuracy and readability for all team projects
- Always maintains the appropriate level of privacy and confidentiality in accordance with Optum policy guidelines, HIPAA, SOX, and any other regulatory guidelines as applicable
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in utilizing the SQL query language
- 2+ years of leading a team or projects
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
- Experience in implementations of business intelligence or, data warehousing, and/or data integration
- Experience with developing, debugging, and troubleshooting reporting applications from a user perspective
- Experience with utilizing or managing a team that utilizes TFS, SSMS, SSRS, Tableau, and/or Power BI in data projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.