Michael Baker’s Consulting Technology Solutions (CTS) team, the fast-growing innovative branch of Michael Baker International is seeking a highly motivated, well experienced, marketing specialist to propel the brand and its products into a rapidly expanding market space. Our highly collaborative team is looking to add a creative marketing mind who will translate our mission and offerings into complex capture strategies and execution techniques.
The Marketing Specialist will assist Michael Baker’s CTS team with strategies designed to promote general awareness and assist with driving sales for varying services spanning across a broad range of industries. This position will require close coordination with the marketing manager, business development teams, and delivery departments to identify, track and execute marketing opportunities and uphold the Michael Baker standard of excellence and brand requirements.
- This position will lead cross-functional, go-to-market activities for Michael Baker’s Applied Technology offerings, working closely with sales, product management, and other teams to drive product adoption and product revenue, while helping the team quickly react to real-world customer feedback
- Be the subject matter expert about the organization’s customer journeys and supported products to optimize communications to create exciting experiences
- Drive sales enablement by creating sales assets, training, and tools while emphasizing how to communicate the value of our products
- Assist with the creation and execution of advertisements (video, print, social, etc.)
- Champion product strategy, needs, accuracy and position through marketing initiatives throughout the marketing and sales organization
- Collaborate with the entire marketing department to best leverage assets to support lead generation, product adoption, customer retention, new sales, and market growth
- Gather and create an ongoing marketing roadmap for specified marketing goals
- Produce and deliver internal and customer facing communications including launch announcements and webinars, product specific communications and updates and other product related needs
- Coordinate with staff and outside consultants on trade show/event promotion, layout, and execution to ensure product marketing adheres to our standard of excellence and brand requirements
- Work with internal stakeholders on development and maintenance of print collateral, digital media content and promotional items
- Writing and editing of social media posts, blogs, press releases, and articles around product enhancements and new product and service offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in providing marketing support to commercial software product industry
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and B2G product marketing; preferably technology focused.
- Ability to manage and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines
- Demonstrated good interpersonal, communication, and conceptual thinking skills
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office, (Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Experience in providing marketing support in the geospatial or engineering industry is preferred
- This candidate must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must bring a demonstrated ability to learn new software and technical concepts
- Ability to create and edit video for various marketing purposes
- A clear understanding of marketing concepts such as message, personas, target audience and positioning
- A clear understanding of software life cycle marketing and ability to adapt message, audience and meaning according to life cycle stages
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with other teams and communicate effectively while also working independently as needed
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven record of managing multiple, high priority projects simultaneously with a proven attention to detail
- The ability to create, track and report on product launch KPIs including sales outcomes
- Ability to assist Product and Marketing with research activities related to competitive analysis, audience and market size
- Must be able to think strategically, while supporting tactical level decisions and asset reviews
- Strategic mindset possessing the ability to translate ideas into action: understand and conceptualize how a piece of functionality can be visualized, messaged, positioned and understood by its intended audience
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including GIS, design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE - DATAMARK® PUBLIC SAFETY GIS
Michael Baker International is a national leader in technology solutions supporting clients in local, state, and national government to solve complex problems with advanced technologies for the 21st century. DATAMARK, our Public Safety GIS team, consists of a skilled group of subject matter experts in Public Safety and GIS whose mission is to provide the necessary education, fact-finding, and solutions to ease the transition to and develop workflows for NG9-11. DATAMARK is the go-to authority on GIS data for NG9-1-1. Its data-forward, full-service but configurable NG9-1-1 solutions provide the highest levels of Public Safety GIS data completeness and accuracy.