You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Assistant.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You’re generous with your thoughts, your time and especially your passion for patient care.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Assistant you need to know how to:
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider while maintaining a positive and caring attitude.
- Be attentive to patient’s needs, coordinate care, administer care, and document appropriately.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights by observing HIPAA regulations.
- Obtain and record patient information; vital signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief complaint, etc.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Per Provider request, may perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s, hearing and vision screens.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up as appropriate to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate test results to patients and establish plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the Provider.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; stock patient exam rooms while maintaining cleanliness and organization, and dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program and/or be a certified Medical Assistant.
- Successful completion of initial MA onboarding program within 90 days, annual skills fair, and in-services for site specific tasks.
- At least three (3) months of previous experience within a healthcare setting.
- At least one (1) year of Medical Assistant experience.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Medical Assistant on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.