Hourly Wage Estimate: $29.27 - $45.91 / hour
Learn more about the <a href=" careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/employee-benefits-and-rewards ">benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Social Worker LCSW or LSW
4 - 10 hour shifts
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Medical Social Worker Palliative Care with Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Social Worker Palliative Care to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The social worker will provide skilled specialist palliative care to patients with life limiting conditions and their families as a part of the PSL Adult Palliative Care inpatient consult service. The social worker will utilize psychosocial assessments, psycho-education, and intervention to help a patient and family adjust and cope with extended hospitalization, diagnosis, disease trajectory, symptom burden, and bereavement. The social worker actively participates in the mission to promote palliative care delivery through education, quality improvement, and program development. The social worker acts as a liaison between the patient and community resources/post-acute care providers. The social worker creates and facilitates timely implementation of discharge plans and arranges post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care
What you will do in this role:
- In partnership with RN CM, the social worker is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- Perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs
- Perform proactive discharge planning
- Provide expertise in post-acute services and community resources
- Identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical, spiritual
- Provide education to patients and caregivers regarding community resources and post-acute level of care criteria, benefits, and coverage
- Participate in and lead patient/family meetings to facilitate communication and enhance Goal of Care discussions
- Engage in community outreach and program development to support patient and caregiver needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning process
- Maintain effective communication between members of the care team
- Provide expertise in ethics cases
- Assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from advance directives to grief support
- Participates in palliative care quality improvement initiatives
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required. Must have LCSW within the state of Colorado within 1 year of hire.
- BLS required within one month of hire (must be obtained prior to providing any direct patient care).
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from and accredited school of social work required. Doctorate of Social Work (DSW) from and accredited school of social work preferred.
- Certification in Palliative Care preferred.
- Prior palliative or hospice experience preferred.
- Acute care social work experience preferred. Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute care resources. Basic social worker skills including but not limited to empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy, communication and crisis intervention.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center offers over 80 specialties in our 680 plus bed hospital that serves the Uptown neighborhood of Denver, Colorado. PSL is an affiliate of HealthONE hospitals, the largest healthcare system in metro Denver. Our Women’s Services department is proud to be in the top 5% in the nation for our Labor and Delivery and OB/GYN specialties. Along with our affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, PSL provides the largest neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the Denver region.
We provide labor and delivery services, award-winning emergency care, vital health screenings such as mammograms, cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, advanced wound care and hyperbaric treatments, and of course, hospital care. We are proud to serve our community with over 1,000 specialists and experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Social Worker Palliative Care opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.