Come Join Our Team! Hyatt Regency Aurora Denver Conference Center
We are looking for a top performing Meeting & Event Manager. We turn ordinary occasions into extraordinary spectacles with 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Hyatt Regency Aurora/Denver’s IACC accredited Conference Center offers 15 meeting rooms and 20,000 square feet of traditional business space, along with 11,800 square feet ballroom and a 4,000 square feet outdoor terrace. We offer 249 total Sleeping Rooms with our largest space for events at 11,800 sq ft. Our hotel features an elegant ballroom, conference rooms, boardrooms, and outdoor terrace space designed to boost productivity and foster collaboration in more than 36,000 square feet of IACC-accredited meeting and event space.
What you will be doing:
The purpose of a Meeting & Event Manager is to plan, manage and organize the in-house details for large group and convention bookings (i.e., guest rooms, menus, themes, set-up, etc.)
1. Act as onsite contact for all assigned groups, as well as working with the customer to produce BEO's and
Convention Resumes. Ensures that all special arrangements - Food and Beverage, Audio Visual, and other
requests are properly documented on BEO's and signed by authorized representative.
2. Ensures timely distribution of all BEO's and Resumes to the appropriate departments and follows up on any
3. Maintains detailed files, notes, records, and trace systems to ensure event meets with customer expectations.
4. Verifies space requirements and meeting room set-up with the client and ensures that public space needed is properly maintained and in good condition.
5. Confirms revisions in agendas, room blocks, etc. and notifies corresponding departments in a timely manner.
6. Finalizes the program/agenda with client and checks all scheduled functions one hour prior to start time.
7. Reviews event sheets and works with appropriate departments to ensure quality and satisfaction.
8. Maintains positive guest and employee relations through prompt, precise, and courteous communication.
9. Other duties as assigned.
What is in it for YOU?
- Medical, Dental, Vision - DAY ONE!
- ON DEMAND PAY (NO FEES!) * Access your pay as you've earned it! No cost to you!
- 401K with a company match!
- Vacation/ Personal days & Holiday pay
- Hotel Room and Food and Beverage Discounts
- Travel Discounts for Travel and Food and Beverage
- Personal Days Off
- Online Training Courses
- Commonwealth University (Grow your Career in hospitality)
- Referral Program and Bonus
- Flexible Health Care Spending Account
- Day Care Flex Spending account
- Direct Deposit
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate of the Month/Associate of the Year/Service Awards
- Free Basic Life & Basic Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance Products for Self, Spouse and Dependents
Commonwealth Hotels was founded in 1986 and quickly became a superior hospitality management company with a world-class culture, sought after for our exceptional guest and associate satisfaction, market premiums, superior return on investment and a “Whatever It Takes” attitude. We are a leading franchisee of Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt brands. Commonwealth Hotels, home office is in Covington, KY and led by industry executives who have worked together for more than 30 years and have over 100 years of combined experience with hotels and city clubs in all markets across the United States. Our Mission at Commonwealth Hotels is accomplished by providing quality Products and Services to our guests through Attention to Detail, Integrity, Pride, and Intensity in all we do. This allows us to develop a special relationship with our guests, associates, and owners, carving out our niche in the marketplace. These actions across the board result in superior sales and financial performance.
At Commonwealth Hotels, “We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. Employment is decided on qualifications, merit and business need.” EOE/Drug Free Workplace.