Empower AI: DIGIT is looking for a Network Engineer to support the design, implementation, monitoring, management, change management, software upgrades, problem/incident resolution, and root cause analysis of network circuits and devices as part of a large technology refresh initiative. The Network Engineer shall focus on implementation and coordination of wired and wireless network equipment across hundreds of sites across the globe, remotely coordinating the work from the place of performance in Denver, Colorado. Additionally the Network Architect may be required to perform Level / Tier 2+ Network Engineering and Administration of applicable networks to include Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), and Data Centers assigned by GSA.
The Network Engineer shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Oversee and implement switch provisioning (configuration) and implementation across multiple sites, including coordinating cutover logistics and change management.
- Establish network monitoring for newly installed and replaced equipment.
- Support and operate Software-Defined Wide Area Networks (SD-WAN) sites
- Support and maintain network equipment and configuration (routers and routing).
- Manage the LAN/WAN routing protocol between the routers and perform port management, network capacity management (including planning and trending).
- Manage WLAN infrastructures to include access points (WAPs), wireless LAN controllers, and integrations into Software Defined Access (SDA) infrastructures.
- Utilize and implement network orchestration tools and techniques to facilitate automated and consistent configurations, management, testing, deployment, and operations of physical and virtual devices within the network.
- Manage status, errors, and inbound and outbound traffic statistics of all routing interfaces, bandwidth utilization, and errors of all inbound and outbound LAN/WAN circuits.
- Escalate issues to vendor and third-party entities, as necessary and directed by the Government.
- Produce knowledge base articles and SOPs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4 – 9 years of experience.
- Experience supporting industry standard software products.
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self discipline.
- Public Trust clearance or ability to obtain.
- ITILv4 Foundation training and certification (no later than December 31st, 2022).
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Work is performed under minimal supervision.
- Proficient in configuring the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and Static routes.
- Familiar with SD-WAN architectures such as Cisco (Viptela), and VMware (VeloCloud)
- Design network architecture for Software Design Access / Software Defined Networks, utilizing Cisco DNA Center.
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA).
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled.
- Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Active Directory, Windows, ServiceNow, Network Monitoring Systems (Solarwinds), Cisco Prime, LAN/WAN control protocols.
- Security+ certification.
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to maintain their home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards.
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to appear on camera for meetings with co-workers and government partners via video chat.
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to maintain standard working hours per the DIGIT contract and to be available for meetings, Agile ceremonies and other collaborative efforts during working hours.
- Personnel are expected to ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information accessible from their home office consistent with the company’s expectations of information security.
- Communicate verbally and respond to verbal communications in person, over the phone or by video chat.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, primarily utilizing a keyboard.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
- Travel minimally, 10% of the time.
About Empower AI: