6 to 9+ Month Contract
Up to $34.96/hour
A temporary (6 month), contract position within the Nutrition Science group in Research and Innovation at *** North America. The incumbent will provide nutrition guidance and expertise to appropriate projects and initiatives. The individual will work collaboratively with an internal company contact to define the scope of work, contribute to relevant projects, including working with cross-functional partners and independently evaluating and critiquing scientific research. This role works closely with cross-functional partners to deliver best-in-class, fact-based outputs, including scientific substantiation to support product claims and messaging across our North American portfolio. The individual will work collaboratively with Nutrition colleagues to define the scope of work, review outlines and to incorporate edits to the final documents based on feedback to documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition required or closely related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Professional experience should include relevant nutrition experience with nutrition-focused products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with technical writing/publications is required.
- Compile, critically analyze and synthesize data from peer-reviewed publications from online resources (i.e. PubMed, Medline).
- Write scientific review papers and/or dossiers in support of relevant functional ingredients
- Apply nutrition expertise to identify nutrition opportunities and guide strategic nutrition direction effectively to key internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with product developers to make science-based recommendations on new or Client ingredients and product propositions.
- Drive a collaborative relationship with Marketing colleagues on product innovation and concept development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate technical subjects to non-technical audience.
- Ability to handle complexity, multiple projects and requests, and short timelines.
- Flexibility to work with counterparts at various levels of the organization.
- Strong drive for results and ability to bring projects to completion.
- Detail oriented, accurate and excellent record keeping skills.
- Good judgement, decisiveness, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint