Quintairos, Prieto, Wood and Boyer, one of the nation’s largest minority and women owned law firms, has an opportunity in its Denver office for a paralegal to join our expanding office. The individual will assist our health care and complex claims defense litigation team. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and clients.
The ideal candidate will have litigation experience, strong organizational skills, and has the desire to work in a fast-paced litigation group. Experience working with medical records, preparing medical chronologies, and summarizing medical records required. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are interested in working in a new, dynamic, growing office of a national firm. Flexible work environment and remote options available.
- Organize and analyze documentary evidence including medical records, reports, depositions, discovery, claims files, and other documents.
- Preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
- Under attorney direction, draft and prepare correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, discovery, and other documents as necessary.
- Prepare and handle tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information.
- Conduct research and investigation of witnesses and experts.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and experts.
- Monitor files and escalate issues requiring attorney involvement. Perform timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to the cases.
- Provide supportive role to attorneys with trial preparation tasks including preparing exhibits, notebooks, and demonstrative aides for trial.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of prior paralegal experience assisting attorneys handling insurance defense litigation matters.
- Experience handling subpoenas and responding to discovery.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment, high attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Paralegal certificate a plus.
- Background in health care or health care licenses a plus
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance; employer paid life insurance; employer paid short-term disability insurance; generous 401(k) plan match; paid personal time off & vacation; paid holidays and more! Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
QPWB participates in E-Verify
The Pay Range for this position in Denver, CO is: $31.25 - $40.87 per hour.