Envision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Healthcare. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal – Litigation.
This position reports to Envision’s Associate General Counsel, Litigation and Government Investigations and assists the Company’s attorneys and business partners in providing support for a wide array of litigation matters. This role provides direct support to attorneys responsible for Litigation and Government Investigations.
- Performs matter management duties including opening matters in the matter management system, calendaring case deadlines and hearings, budgeting, coordinating with outside counsel, and maintaining the case file
- Manages discovery requests including determining the scope, identifying required resources and internal subject matter experts, coordinating with outside counsel, and working with the lead in-house attorney on efficient approaches to comply with discovery requests within all parameters and deadlines
- Reviews files prior to production for attorney-client privilege, completeness and responsiveness to discovery requests
- Prepares and execute affidavits
- May provide testimony at depositions or trial, including as corporate designee regarding company practices and procedures
- Prepares legal documents and correspondence for use by attorneys
- Manages document templates and maintains version control
- Performs legal and factual research
- Analyzes files and information
- Performs records research
- Serves as a point of contact for the Litigation lane with outside counsel, opposing counsel, other members of the Legal department, and internal business partners
- Provides other litigation related support for attorneys and works on special projects as assigned
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible
- Associates degree or paralegal certificate preferred
- At least 5 years of paralegal experience
- Legal and business research skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Legal research tools (e.g., LexisNexis)
- General web-based research skills
- Organizing and planning, ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and continuous learning
- Ability to oversee the work of other team members, such as other Paralegals, Legal Assistants and other staff
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.