Be the driving force behind United's catering excellence
Would you enjoy delivering food and beverages to our large aircraft? Do you prefer a highly physical job in a diverse and dynamic environment? Does being on the go every day make you happy? This opportunity with United Airlines could be right for you. We're looking for a full-time Transportation Driver to join our Catering Operations team in Denver at DEN.
Our Transportation Drivers are a critical part of our day-to-day operations. They are responsible for assembling and packing equipment into catering equipment according to flight diagram specifications, loading food and beverage carts from our kitchen, driving catering vehicles and delivering products to various gates and restocking our planes. Properly position catering vehicles to aircraft to load and unload food, beverages, and catering equipment from/into aircraft. While following and complying to all Food Safety Regulations. Having effective communication to internal customers and co-workers. Your efforts will be instrumental in ensuring that all flights leave on time with the items needed to make our passenger's journeys enjoyable.
Can you deliver excellence every day in a safe, efficient manner?
- Safety is our top priority and we work hard to protect each other every day.
- Working here is all about teamwork and attitude. You'll find we move quickly and pull together to deliver for our passengers, every day.
- Leveraging your physical fitness, you will perform various strenuous tasks, including lifting and carrying carriers up to 53 lbs., carrying, pushing and pulling heavy loads up to 60 lbs. Continuous standing and walking. Frequent repetitive motion, reaching and handling.
- Our facility includes both our warehouse and kitchens and is located near the airport.
- The work can be indoors in a manufacturing environment or during catering of flights.
- Exposure to extreme temperature and aircraft noise is possible. Employee must be able to work in cool area at 55 degrees, enter refrigerated areas to store food at 35 degrees, and work in a climate-controlled area of 38 degrees or less.
- Ability to work on all aircraft types, and all truck sizes.
- This role is responsible for completion of tasks based on their training and ensuring compliance with all food safety policies and requirements at all times.
Many routes to success
- We offer excellent training and strong leadership support to ensure you're set up for success.
- We offer excellent opportunities to grow and challenge yourself, and ultimately, advance within your area or to different departments within catering operations.
- After 12 months, you will have the opportunity to consider working in various areas throughout our company.
Flexibility and dependability are essential
- Based on seniority, you will be assigned an initial schedule designed to meet our needs at the airport.
- We operate 24 hours a day, so you must be available for day and night shifts, plus weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential - we've got flight schedules to meet!
The rewards for your strong work ethic
- Starting pay of $14.77/hour
- Great benefits, including several plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Flight privileges from day one: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
- Time off: you'll always have two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on length of service
- Perfect attendance incentives
- A meal and free parking
- Paid uniforms
A few additional requirements
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret paperwork required to complete daily tasks
- Ability to use a two-way radio
- Airport access badge, if required.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL), if required.
- Valid U.S. state-issued driver's license and clean driving record (CDL preferred)
- The physical strength to lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds, as well as be on your feet for an extended period of time
- Ability to withstand heights as high as 20+ feet
- Must clear a fingerprint-based criminal history check and drug screen
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- United Catering candidates who apply for position between May 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021 will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus upon successfully completing the following Payout Qualification Terms and Conditions:
- Must pass background check and all other pre-employment screenings
- Must remain employed in good standing with Catering Ops for at least 6 months
- Must maintain a discipline free record
- Must be active on payout day
If you were referred by a current United Airlines employee, please include their name on your application.
Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT