Are you an experienced Payroll and Benefits Administrator with a passion for the outdoors? Are you enthusiastic, ready to learn and don’t mind jumping into new tasks and projects? If yes, this could be your chance to get to work with a team that shares the same passion. We are now looking for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator for our US HR team. Come and join our trek!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fenix Outdoor is an international group of premium outdoor brands that develops and sells outdoor clothing and equipment. Our mission is to enable all people to spend unforgettable and inspiring moments in nature.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator plays a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely payment of wages, administration of employee benefits, and government compliance in North America. Good performance in this role is measured by how effectively and efficiently the responsibilities are executed, how trust is gained and maintained, and how effectively this person becomes a valued team member others can rely on.
You will be based in our office in Louisville, Colorado where you will collaborate with our local HR team. Re-location compensation is offered for this role. You will report into our Director of Human Resources in North America.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Benefits Administration and Training
- A critical part of your role is ensuring employees are properly enrolled in benefit programs and have access to information. You do regular follow ups and conduct training webinars to keep employee up to date.
- You will be assisting in annual benefit renewal processes as well as potential implementations of new compensation programs and structures.
- You are also responsible to ensure that our records are accurately maintained and that we remain in compliance with our carriers and government agencies. Among other things this includes maintaining employee information in all required systems as well as auditing, tracking and reporting key data on payroll, trainings, and benefits.
Time and Payroll Administration
- You’ll have an overarching responsibility for gathering, inputting, and processing all payroll data for employees in North America in an accurate and timely manner. You will work with both managers and employees to see this through.
- You will maintain and audit paid time off, sick leave, and other tracked hours maintaining correct balances in compliance with policies and government regulations. You are also responsible for monitoring reporting and payments made by our payroll vendor to ensure compliance.
- Submits all required government and insurance reporting and remits required payments on or before the established deadlines. You work closely with government agencies, payroll, HRIS, and other vendors to complete work, correct issues, optimize systems and maintain compliance
WHO YOU ARE
What we would like you to have:
- College degree in Accounting, HR or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPP, SHRM-CP, or PHR needed or an equivalent combination of certifications, education and experience
- At least four years of payroll and benefits experience in the US
- Experience from Canada payroll and benefits is highly meritorious
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now is considered a plus!
In terms of character:
- You’ve always liked numbers and have a naturally analytical mind. You consider yourself having advanced skills in Excel.
- Ultimately, you will assist and coordinate on ad-hoc tasks from payroll and benefits administration, therefore an open mind and flexibility toward responsibilities is required
- You have an enthusiasm for payroll, benefits, compliance activities and results.
- You are ready to learn and don’t mind jumping into new tasks and projects. This is needed as you need to quickly learn various software applications required to support all payroll, accounting, and HR needs.
- Attention to detail with the ability to enter, maintain, review, and audit data in multiple systems to ensure accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Your colleagues would describe you as empathetic, adaptive and humble
- You have high integrity and maintain confidentiality and exercises discretion at all times
- You believe in agile collaboration built on effective communication. You respond quickly to requirements and you always follow-through
- You are a natural problem solver and confident in escalating issues you cannot resolve
WHEN YOU JOIN OUR TREK, YOU'RE OFFERED:
- An exciting and challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition and results
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen and help each other along the trail
- An international work environment where an open mind is a pre-requisite
- A company that values success both for our organization, our society and our planet
Pay Range: $55,000 to $65,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, STD/LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, 401K with company match, 14 paid holidays, PTO, product and industry discounts. Re-location compensation is offered for this role.
Due to the character of the role a thorough background check is required. This includes but is not limited to criminal convictions and verification of past employment, education, and certifications
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.