Description - External
As an essential operation to the nation's healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the broader community. With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for this position should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to be vaccinated as of first date of employment unless approved exemption exists prior to start.
Under immediate direction, register, interview, screen and select potential donors. Perform sample, whole blood, therapeutic, research, and apheresis phlebotomy procedures. Provide donor care and conduct equipment quality control while delivering excellent customer service and adhering to company standards.
New Hire $5,000.00 Sign On Bonus Details:
New hires are eligible for a sign-on bonus in the amount of $5,000.00. This bonus will paid in three increments:
- $1000.00 to be paid after 30 days of employment.
- $1,500.00 to be paid after 90 days of employment.
- $2,500.00 to be paid after 12 months of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Greets, registers, screens and performs vital signs on prospective donors/patients.
- Performs all aspects of phlebotomy (whole blood and sample collection) procedures.
- Performs all aspects of donor apheresis collections.
- Recognizes and implements appropriate intervention for donor/patient reactions.
- Performs quality control on equipment and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures proper handling of blood products for storage and transport.
- Through organization's customer care goals, promote donor retention.
- Record documentation on blood donation records and other forms.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- This shift is Tuesday -Saturday 9:00am to 5:30pm. Theis is a 40 hour/ week posistion.
High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous work experience with phlebotomy preferred.
- Previous experience with customer service preferred.
- Donor and/or Dialysis technician experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills.
- Ability to navigate electronic devices/equipment.
- Ability to handle conflict and mitigate problems.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification.
- Must be able to perform donor care and intervention.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to enter data into the computer.
- Ability to see the full color spectrum preferred.
If you are scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week, you are eligible for health, dental, vision, EAP, HSA, and FSAs on the first of the month following date of hire. You are eligible for all other benefits after three months of continuous employment and 401(k) after 30 days of continuous employment. If you are scheduled to work 20-29 hours per week, please see Human Resources Department for eligibility. The minimum pay for this position will be $18.60.