Major Duties And Responsibilities
This position performs the finance, accounting, capital tracking and operations support and coordination activities for a varying number of managed hotel properties (5-10). The major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Monthly Financial Reporting
The position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements and helping to ensure that financial results are reported accurately in accordance with GAAP and accounting policies. Ensuring all items are received from properties on a monthly basis, posting of monthly journal entries, updating daily cash, preparation of sales taxes, preparation of bank & balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of weekly check runs, and posting accounts payable. This position will assist with identifying problems/issues with the financial statements and working closely with VP of Finance, Regional Controller(s), Hotel Controllers, owners, and other internal departments to resolve these problems and issues in a timely manner.
This position will be responsible for assisting the VP of Finance and Regional Controller(s) with budget and forecast reviews, but will not have direct responsibility to prepare budgets and forecasts for the hotels.
This position will serve as a secondary contact for the owners on all financial issues related to the hotels. This person should have a good working knowledge of the financial impact of all contracts associated with the assigned hotels. These contracts could include lease agreements, management agreements, franchise agreements, and debt agreements. This position will be responsible for ensuring that Providence Hospitality is in compliance with the terms of the applicable agreements for financial reporting requirements.
This position will also be a secondary contact for external auditors conducting audits on the portfolio properties. This involves preparing audit schedules and ensuring all audit reports are correct and complete.
- Assist in the maintenance of a sound internal control environment to include having a working knowledge of internal control policies and procedures needed to resolve property control issues.
- Coordinate and/or participate in any ad-hoc reporting requests or special projects.
- Assist department managers with presentation of training sessions.
- Be available to travel occasionally to assist VP of Finance, Regional Controller(s) and Hotel Controllers with day to day property accounting tasks, reporting, and transitions on an as needed basis.
- Ability to assist as needed with hotel development, takeovers and transitions; handle the financial aspect of these changes, including cash management, pre-opening accounting, balance sheet pro-rations and opening balance sheet entries for applicable properties.
Decision Making Responsibilities
This position will perform routine responsibilities with limited supervision or review. For non-routine decisions, this position should make recommendations to their supervisor and then execute the appropriate action.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
BS or BA in Accounting or Finance.
At least 1-3 years of full-time experience in a related field.
Strong analytical skills and ability to apply effectively to practical solutions.
Strong organization and time management skills. Able to anticipate problems and manage multiple deadlines.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the company.
Proficient in Excel, Word, and computerized accounting systems.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $65,000 - $72,000 Annual