The Purchaser is regionally responsible for handling suppliers in North America, while collaborating closely with our global colleagues to procure the most innovative solutions for Vestas and our customers. They will influence and involve cross-functional stakeholders to deliver world class procurement strategies while directing cost, quality and on time delivery
• Responsible to have an impact on, define and carry out the procurement strategy for a wide variety of scope in the Regional Indirect MRO Purchaser in North America, with an annual spend of 100+ million Euro.
• Close collaboration with key local and global stakeholders, sales, project management, engineering, quality, legal and supply chain to optimize scope cost effectiveness.
• Directly handle new and existing regional supplier relationships and leverage internal stakeholder/category relationships to maximize global supplier partnerships
• Coordinate strategic purchasing initiatives and develop reporting materials (power point presentations, business cases, etc.)
• Build supplier market intelligence and ensure that supply base data is available to support business decisions
• Implement and coordinate all aspects of the supplier development, contracting and buy to pay processes, including proper risk management
• Be the primary point of escalation and resolution for scope related supplier issues
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SAP and additional software programs)
• Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms in English
• Ability to work flexible hours and with variety of cultures (coordinating with various time zones)
• Ability to effectively guide a cross functional team that may include internal, external, domestic and international stakeholders
• Ability to travel as business requires
Education, Training, and Skills Required:
• Bachelor's or Masters' degree in global supply chain management, engineering or other related business studies
• 3+ years' work experience in procurement or other related supply chain management field
• Experience gathering market intelligence (understanding/interest in global markets, material trends, politics, etc.)
• Previous experience building business cases or strategies (for a category, commodity, piece of the supply chain or for a business unit, etc.)
• Advanced MS Excel (minimum of pivot tables, v-look up, etc.)
• Contract management experience
• Advanced negotiation experience for supplier negotiations (Direct negotiation experienced is preferred)
• Industry experience (renewables, energy, manufacturing/factory environment, etc.) is desired
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
• Solution oriented, problem solver
• Cross cultural skills (will work as part of an international team)
• Ability to prioritize in a time-sensitive situation
• High level business knowledge (understanding of financial statements, cash flow, EBIT, inventory, etc.)
• Project management skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Advanced ability to create and deliver presentations and business cases
• Ability to direct a cross-functional team
• Aptitude for construction, transport of large goods or technology (basic understanding of construction, engineering or manufacturing concepts ie. ability to read drawings or knowledge of machining, forging, casting, welding, assembly, etc.)
• Candidate needs to be self-motivated, find opportunities and have ability to make unsupervised decisions
• Role requires experience that has grown into a strategic purchasing role, not only operational procurement/buying
• Ability to travel (20 - 25%)
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a attractive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; flex time off (FTO) policy; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and people with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with +136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and +117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.