The Purchasing Clerical position will be responsible for expediting purchase orders, and assist with inventory control.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Maintain the AS400 file, including but not limited to, new item set-up, pricing and item maintenance
- Expedite purchase orders as required
- Schedule all inbound trucks for receiving
- Assist with inventory control to review, reduce and eliminate excess and obsolete inventory
- Interface with all internal branch departments
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must possess one to two years previous office experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience with the AS400 system preferred
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to multi-task and detail-orientated
The perks of being a Bunzl team member don’t stop at being part of a great team or being valued as our #1 asset. We offer a full range of benefits to help our employees take care of themselves and their families today, tomorrow and for the future.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits at 30 days
- Flex Care and Health Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Holidays and Personal Time
- Parental Leave
- 401K with generous company match
- Tuition Reimbursement program
Salary $18.50 - $ 20.50 / hr
Schedule Monday - Friday
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)