This is an excellent opportunity to become the right hand to a stellar Controller who is motivated to mentor and promote accomplishments internally. This position allows excellent flexibility, advancement, and the work/life balance you are looking for. Candidates with either a strong work history working in real estate, property or those with a public accounting foundation with real estate experience are preferred. Candidates with 2 years accounting experience and a strong desire to learn real estate accounting will be trained and mentored.
This role will be based out of the Cherry Creek office with a hybrid schedule with an ability to work two days from home. This allows for maximum training from and exposure to the leadership team. This is a 70-80K position with a 10-15% bonus along with a 401K match, generous PTO, and huge growth potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flows, and budget vs. actual variance reports
- Prepares and submits monthly loan draw requests to the lender or applicable 3rd party
- Code and approve recurring and nonrecurring invoices within payment processing system
- Responsible for preparing and distribution monthly lease statements to the respective tenants.
- Develops relationship with key tenant contacts to coordinate rent payments and ensure outstanding receivables are being collected timely.
- Prepare interim and annual common area maintenance (CAM), real estate tax and insurance reconciliations for industrial tenants.
- Maintain books and records for Maintenance Associations
- Calculates and reconciles monthly management fees, intercompany billings, and corporate charges
- Works closely with the Construction Team and Contract Administrator to ensure that all vendor payments are closely monitored to comply with all contract terms and approved budgets
- Assists the Property Manager, Construction Team and Contract Administrator with accounting, budgets, payment tracking, forecasting, and general inquiries
- Promote process efficiency and create a best practices environment
- Other duties as assigned to ensure operational success and implementation of best practices
The Firm is seeking self-driven, detail-attentive candidates with the following qualifications:
- Four-year degree in accounting preferred
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Yardi accounting system preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred