For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
As an RN Telephonic Nurse Case Manager, you will be responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care from assessing and planning to implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating. You will also be responsible for providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members.
Shifts are Monday - Friday, 10am-7pm PST with the ability to flex to 9pm PST as needed.
An active, unrestricted RN license in the State of California is required for this position.
An additional Compact RN License is strongly preferred.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere in the US as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members and services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Developing individualized care plans
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of California
- 3+ years of case management experience
- Ability to become a Certified Case Manager (CCM) within 24 months of employment if not already certified
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), including the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Must reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high-speed internet service
- Access to dedicated workspace from home for in-home office set up
- Ability to work Pacific Standard Time hours as listed
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Active, unrestricted compact state RN license
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- ICU, Cardiology, Critical Care, Community Health, and Homeless Nursing experience
- Solid working knowledge chronic medical diagnoses (CHF, COPD, diabetes, etc.)
- Experience with discharge planning
- Telephonic case management experience
- Experience with the Medicare and/or Medicaid patient population
- Written or spoken Spanish or Armenian proficiency
- Solid written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, nurse, case manager, case management, telephonic, high risk, chronic, CHF, COPD, diabetes, cancer, ICU, cardiology, homeless, homelessness, critical care, community health, Medicare, Medicaid, geriatric, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote