At UCHealth, we do things differentlyWe believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job- It's a passion.
With views of the Denver city skyline to the north and the majestic Rocky Mountains to the west, Highlands Ranch provides the best of both worlds. It's not surprising that it made Time Money's list of top 6 places to live in 2016 - this quaint town sits just 12 miles outside the bustling Denver metro area, yet offers over 70 miles of trails, 20 parks, and 2 golf courses. Community events like Kid Fest, ice cream socials, open-air artist meet and greets, and the Summer's Sunset Concert can engage the whole family. Spend an evening watching the sun set behind Chatfield Reservoir, strolling the botanic gardens, or socializing at one of Highlands Ranch's very own breweries. Its 2,500 acres of preserved open space means that Highlands Ranch will always remain a picturesque retreat tucked away on the outskirts of Colorado's biggest city.
RN Traveler - ICU - Highlands Ranch Hospital, Longmont, CO18 bed ICU serving a variety of patient populations to include Medicine, Postop Surgical, Head and Neck, Neuro and Neurosurgery, Cardiac, Oncology, Plastics, and many more. Intensivist coverage 24/7.
3 new ICU RN Traveler needs
ICU RN with at least 2 years of ICU experience in acute care setting
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee, and you must live more than 70 miles away from the facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
• Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Skills and Abilities:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program if less than three (3) years' experience.
- 6 months nursing experience (in an acute setting)
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and any relevant unit specific certification requirement.
- BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
• Two years traveling experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
This position's pay rate is $38.00/hour. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.