Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Markit Digital, a business unit within S&P Global Market Intelligence, is hiring a sales specialist for our business development team to work with our Digital Advertising Capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment with high profile companies in the finance industry. We are a small, tight-knit, high-energy group responsible for acquisition of new business and accounts, existing client support, and strategic opportunity development. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
As a member of our Business Development team you will play a critical role in expanding and retaining our existing Digital Advertising business. You will work cross-functionally with the digital advertising team to understand current status of initiatives, as well finance and sales teams to create and execute account growth and retention strategies. The perfect candidate will thrive in a team environment, is self-motivated, and demonstrates an understanding of the financial services industry and the digital advertising space and the overlap between the two. This position will have a direct ability to drive revenue and should be able to assess an account's growth potential as well as spot buying signals.
• Drive all aspects of business development including lead generation, relationship building, pipeline management, proposal development, high level solutions design, and pricing
• Frequently meets with clients in-person and via remote presentations, matching Markit Digital Advertising solutions to current and future strategic customer challenges
• Ensure that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors including a strong understanding of client need
• Relationship development and cultivation with key customers and prospects
• Assist in the management of the entire sales lifecycle of a deal including liaising with senior sales people and client support to provide ongoing support and training to existing clients
• Assist in customer retention, ensuring customer satisfaction leading up to contract renewals
• Prepare commercial proposals and contracts
• Negotiate scope, commercial and legal terms in contracts with support
• Maintain account and contract overviews Desired qualifications include
• Expertise in analyzing clients' needs and requirements, preferably having consultative sales experience • Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to senior stakeholders preferable
• Familiarity with contract and invoicing processes, from the client perspective
• Consultative, problem-solving approach to sales/business development, relationships, and solutioning
• Bachelor's degree and at least three to five years equivalent experience, preferably with a FinTech, technology or data environment
• Client-facing experience in an account management, project management or sales role preferred
• Experience building relationships with C-level executives
• Expertise in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe InDesign is a plus
• Experience in digital advertising and/or marketing highly desired
• Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
Compensation/Benefits Information: S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $120k to $170 k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.