Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The statements listed below are not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Based on leadership decisions and business needs, “all other duties as assigned” will be expected for each position.
Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the team with a focus on data analytics and a primary responsibility of building high-end analytic models that will enable operational departments to create efficiencies in their day to day processes. Collaborate with IT stakeholders and receive input from business leaders on areas to focus for data discovery exercises. Mine and manipulate structured and unstructured data from multiple resources and communicate key analytic findings to relevant stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support of existing production libraries of analytical models to ensure accuracy is maintained
- Support new analytic projects as directed by the business
- Utilize supervised and unsupervised learning models, to support decision makers that address business problems and objectives.
- Develop, test and implement new models with minimal impacts to existing data flows.
- Provide support and input for initiatives containing an analytical component
- Creates informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships
- Translate data analytics into coherent reports and presentations for internal and external customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Build prototype solutions using varied resources, including SAS software and open source software.
- Assist in the translation of business needs into analytical strategies.
- Relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Appropriately handle PII data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Information Technology, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in applied statistics, data modeling techniques, predictive modeling techniques and model assessment in a business setting
- 1+ years of experience with SAS (Primarily), Python, or Bash Scripting in a business setting
- Understanding of Agile principals including Scrum and Kanban
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- 3+ years of experience in applied statistics, data modeling techniques, predictive modeling techniques and model assessment in a business setting
- 3+ years of experience with SAS (Primarily), Python, or Bash Scripting in a business setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SAS Data Scientist, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH