Fully remote with a mid-size start up, rated 4.7/5 on Glassdoor, leader in Biotech space, great stock options, 100% company paid health insurance!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Emily Olinger
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $140,000 - $150,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a leading cloud-based SaaS startup in the biotech industry. Our health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries — government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research globally. Our platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real-world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
We are working to advance our growth to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations! If you are interested in becoming a leader in the Biotech space, apply today!
Location 100% remote!
Why join us?
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for you + 75% for your dependents (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, HMO, HSA; Kaiser HMO or HSA/Delta Dental PPO/VSP Vision)
- Company stock options
- Super flexible PTO policy
- Take the week off between Christmas and New Years, plus all other holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for both maternity and paternity
- Monthly reimbursements for phone, internet, and fitness
- Home office stipend
- 100% remote
- Rapidly growing company with amazing culture!
We are looking for a Community Engagement Scientist to join our Scientific Community Management team. This team is responsible for launching and growing the UK Biobank Research Analysis Platform.
We partner with UK Biobank to launch a Research Analysis Platform where the researchers will access their data and run analyses. In conjunction with that, we are launching a community portal where scientists can (1) exchange scientific and technical knowledge, (2) discuss UK Biobank data, news, and publications, and (3) provide feedback on the platform.
You will provide expertise in areas such as Genomics, Epidemiology, Translational Informatics, or Neuroscience, mirroring the primary researcher personas that use the UK Biobank data. You will be working with researchers at universities, government, and industry to foster a vibrant community for these researchers built around the UK Biobank Research Analysis Platform.
- Make it easy, fun, and appealing for scientific researchers to use the UKB RAP platform to access, explore, and integrate data, to perform analyses using a wide range of tools from bioinformatics to statistical to image-processing, leverage cloud and big-data functionality (e.g., Spark, Docker, AWS, etc), and collaborate with other researchers.
- Content development Create, share and disseminate how-to guides, blog posts, Jupyter notebooks.
- Instructional design Develop and deliver training materials to help researchers use the analysis platform to conduct their research on UK Biobank data.
- Lead small group and one-on-one sessions with users to help them use the platform.
- Teach researchers how to use SDK to import or develop their own analytic tools.
- Help maintain timeline, milestones, and deliverable overview documents for CES team.
- Obtain feedback from the research community and other key stakeholders; work with CES team to leverage feedback to help modify offering to maximize user satisfaction on platform.
- Test and develop methods for research on the UKB RAP to inform best-practices.
- Develop Jupyter notebooks and other scripts that either make day-to-day tasks easier for researchers or push the envelope of what is possible with science.
- Research, integrate, test, and validate bioinformatics methods on our platform.
- M.S. in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, translational informatics, epidemiology, neuroinformatics, neuroscience or related scientific field; Ph.D. and interdisciplinary exposure preferred.
- Strong programming ability in one of these frameworks and languages such as WDL, CWL, Nextflow, Python, R, or shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with genomics sequence analysis, translational informatics, imaging data, or epidemiological studies.
- Familiar with approaches and challenges with integrating and harmonizing genotypic and phenotypic data.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.