*Scientist II – Mass Spectrometry*
Location: *Boulder, CO*
*Kelly is hiring a Scientist II (Mass Spectrometry) for a direct hire opportunity located in Boulder, CO. *
Skilled lab work utilizing mass spectrometry to develop and support analytical, isolation, refolding and purification procedures for recombinant proteins and peptides as well as other biological molecules. Strong knowledge with mass spectroscopy analysis, especially of proteins and peptides, is highly desirable. Essential skills include creative experimental design, ability to work and communicate effectively within interdisciplinary groups including clients, and skill at production of high-quality reports and documentation.
* Develop/conduct LCMS based impurity characterization/identification methods for a variety of proteins/peptides to support analytical and purification development.
* In collaboration with Senior Staff and Principal Scientists develop small scale downstream protein refold/purification processes.
* Act as spokesperson on development programs and interact positively and productively with clients.
* Able to react to change productively and handle other multiple tasks as assigned.
* Produce high quality documentation suitable for client reports, peer reviewed publication and regulatory requirements.
* Adhere to all safety requirements and assures that departmental employees comply with required safety procedures.
* Responsibilities include hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling
* Ph.D. in Chemistry (Organic or Analytical) or Biochemistry with 2-5 years of experience or an M.S. or B.S degree with an equivalent of related experience.
*You should know:* Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)