Rose Paving LLC
Seal Coat Laborer - Denver, CO
About the Company
Rose Paving LLC, a multi- million- dollar company, leads in providing complete parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties nationwide. Services include asphalt patching; asphalt reconstruction; asphalt resurfacing; sealcoating; cracksealing; concrete maintenance including installation and repair of concrete curbs, walks, and pads; storm sewer repair and installation, lot marking, and green paving solutions.
Established in 1974, Rose Paving LLC is a privately held company that maintains its corporate headquarters in Bridgeview, Illinois, with branch offices in Streamwood, IL, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, Santa Fe Springs, CA, Garden Grove, CA, Tampa, FL, Phoenix, AZ, and Nashville, TN. We are proud to report that because of our expertise, dedicated employees, and loyal customers, Rose Paving has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors. We are considered to be the leaders in our industry and have a staff of over 375 employees. As a company, we continue to make great strides in exceeding industry, customer, and employee expectations.
The Seal Coat Laborer coordinates the activities of all labor performance daily. The Seal Coat Laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor at parking lots by operating one or several types of maintenance equipment. This position requires routine repair and maintenance of equipment in addition to other duties. The Seal Coat Laborer will communicate daily the project status with key stakeholders in the project. In addition, this person will ensure that all materials are installed per specifications for the project and all work is completed with Rose Paving standards.
- To communicate daily with designated Project Manager assigned to a specific job.
- Take pictures of jobs (i.e. Warranties, Accidents)
- Ensure that proper signage is displayed at each jobsite and jobsite sign pickup.
- Make sure that vehicle inspections and pre-job checklist are being completed daily.
- Maintain and enter data on Job Sheet for material, equipment and labor for job costing of Seal Coat operations on a daily basis including matching material with work orders.
- Responsible for checking weather on daily basis.
- In charge of appropriate traffic control at job sites (signs, barricades, caution tape).
- Accountable for preventing the loading of company trucks that may result in overweight tickets.
- Ensures that all materials are installed to manufacturer's specifications for product application.
- Complete all work within Rose Paving LLC standards.
- Evaluates situations and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crews.
- Acts as a problem solver to reduce work issues, and/or assists workers in solving work challenges.
- Estimates crews' hours requirements for completion of assignments.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activity of other fieldwork.
- Builds customer relationships by introducing oneself to clients upon arrival to jobsite.
- Operates within budgetary constraints.
- Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a service and maintenance program on all equipment.
- Participate in company's employee evaluation program.
- Follows all company policies (i.e. Drug & Substance Abuse Policy, Sexual Harassment)
- Encourages and initiates cross training when appropriate.
- Investigates continuing education opportunities for personal/crew development.
- Enforces personal and field safety protection while working (i.e. safety glasses, gloves, hardhats).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have broad understanding of Rose Paving's business and proven abilities in the areas of preparation and installation of Seal Coating, and a thorough understanding of Rose Paving's other services in the areas of Asphalt Repairs, Cracksealing, Catch Basin Repair, and Parking Lot Marking work.
- Must have ability to apply concepts of basic geometry.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive benefits package.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of Rose Paving Company. All Rose Paving employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to "get the job done" and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the Rose Paving Company Team. Such ability will be to the benefit of the employee and will not go unnoticed by the company.
Rose Paving LLC
7300 W. 100th Place
Bridgeview, IL 60455