Vaco Financial is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our P/E backed active lifestyle retail and e-commerce client in Denver!
Senior Accountant Overview
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas related to the General Ledger. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Senior Accountant supervises 2 Staff Accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant will have contact with senior-level Executives and the Accounting Manager which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field required, CPA preferred
- Minimum 2-4+ years experience in a GL Accounting role required
- Prior supervisory experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- NetSuite experience highly desired
- Retail, M&A, and Private Equity experience a plus