Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)
Our Client is a major market disrupter that builds branded job boards and talent networks for venture capital funds, startup accelerators, professional communities, and governments across the world. They are experiencing massive traction with 12 consecutive months of growth. VC funded this company is poised to receive series A funding in Q1 of 2022.
Fully remote, this is an opportunity to get in at the very ground level of a truly promising startup. This could be that life changing career choice that developers dream about with early retirement on the horizon.
Our Client is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to form part of its core team (first 20 employees). You'll help set the direction of our technology as we scale our systems from serving hundreds of customers to thousands and move from Seed to Series A and beyond.
You, as a person:
- You seek out simplicity in code, processes, and products
- You practice extreme ownership and are highly driven
- You are product minded and have a great understanding of the needs of the user
- You are a proactive communicator and team player
- You thrive in high performing engineering teams
- You care that your colleagues feel safe, supported and valued
- You want to help bring about a positive change in society
You, as an engineer:
- Have at least 6 years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Have experience building scalable applications
- Consider yourself a backend engineer, but have some experience working in the frontend and are happy to dabble in it (80:20 backend:frontend split; bonus points if you have experience with React)
- Have a strong desire to work in a startup (bonus points if you have worked in one before)
- Can communicate clearly in both English and in code
- Work with autonomy on large projects critical to our roadmap, executing toward simple, effective solutions
- Help define our technical architecture, coding standards and best practices
- Write well-formulated, well-tested and readable code
- Improve performance, reliability and scalability of our applications
- Collaborate with PMs and designers to design elegant solutions to problems facing our users
- 100% remote, 100% flexible
- Unlimited vacation
- Unique culture: Humans first, unicorn dreams second
- Healthcare & co-working allowance
- Leadership impact in the product and business as one of the first 20 employees vs. cog in the machine
About Our Client
Our Client is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making and receiving professional introductions by combining technology and empathy.
Our client has two products:
- Automatically aggregates open jobs across a network of companies and;
- Allows talent (active and passive searchers) and companies to find one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
Together our products provide all of the quality that comes from a referral vs hundreds of faceless Linkedin profiles, with a UX that is built for employers, not recruiters, and doing away with all of the emailing, calls, and reminders that usually go into a referral request.
Our Client's Customers
Our customers include over 400 independent professional networks - like venture capital funds (Kleiner Perkins), accelerators (TechStars), membership communities (Women 2.0), government associations (Techleap.nl), universities (University of Toronto), and more. They use our software to make better introductions for their community members, measure the outcomes of their intros, and in some cases, make money.
Our Client's secret sauce
- 430 paying customers
- Experts in the space: Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before it was cool)
- 16 team members across 7 countries
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in person for company summits (before the pandemic: Germany, Cape Town, San Francisco...)