Senior Director Pharmacy Outpatient Retail at UCHealth
Directs the strategic, growth and operational objectives for system Outpatient Pharmacy services. Oversees operations at all outpatient retail pharmacies (~20 sites) to optimize patient experience and maximize operational efficiencies, leveraging system and regional resources.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
• In collaboration with regional leadership, oversees operations at all UCHealth outpatient pharmacies to optimize patient experience and maximize operational efficiencies, leveraging system and regional resources.
• Creates short and long term industry-leading pharmacy strategy that is focused on increasing system UCHealth pharmacy prescription capture rate and associated revenue. Strategy will be focused on improving consumer experience within the health system, implementing operational efficiencies and actions focused on providing a best-in-class patient experience.
• Identifies options to improve efficient timely access to pharmacy services for employees at all UCHealth pharmacy locations.
• Direct oversight of the system Central Fill and Mail Order Pharmacy operations, driving strategies to improve patient experience and operational efficiencies and performance to maximize mail service options for UCHealth patients and employees.
• Oversees health system 340B contract pharmacy and specialty pharmacy strategies
• Develops and maintains system standardized outpatient pharmacy labor and automation models that are based on patient volume and patient experience, with a focus on leveraging available resources.
• Oversees all regional outpatient pharmacy leaders, creating a health system pharmacy chain to leverage system resources across geographical areas.
- Minimum Required Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy.
• Required Licensure/Certification: Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Colorado.
• 5 years or more experience in overseeing a retail pharmacy network of 10 or more pharmacy locations
• 2 years of more experience in overseeing large volume mail order pharmacy operations
• Demonstrated leadership in consumer experience initiatives that focused on improvements in service levels, including same-day medication delivery services
• Experience in selection and implementation of high volume automation, both in the retail pharmacy setting as well as large volume mail order pharmacy operations.
• Demonstrated ability to use influence to drive changes and initiatives; collaborative leadership style. Ability to think strategically, empower teams and drive initiatives
The midpoint pay for this position is: $227,800.00 annual. Midpoint is based on approximately 10-15 years of relevant work experience. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Nominations, expressions of interest, and resumes can be submitted to:
Senior Leadership Recruiter