Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
As part of its vision for a flatter, more nimble organization that is easier to do business with, Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) has created horizontal functions known as centers of excellence to support all client coverage channels. Banking, Lending, & Trust is a center of excellence that brings teams and functions currently found across WIM’s consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The group is focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to deliver innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will deliver a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
The Estate Services team is looking for a fiduciary expert that is responsible for the proactive marketing, promotion, delivery, and oversight of death settlement services related accounts (estates, deceased grantor trusts, marital trusts, agency for personal representative or trustee accounts). The Senior Estate Advisory Specialist (LO) 1 position is seen as a subject matter expert and provides direct interaction with co-fiduciaries, centers of influence, and beneficiaries in a professional and empathetic manner which results in the delivery of outstanding client service by keeping them proactively informed on the death settlement process. Collaborative administration is provided through partnering with the FMS Administration, Estate and Fiduciary Tax, Investment Officer, Relationship Managers, Financial Advisors, operations, and other internal partners. Responsibilities include: review and implementation of complex estate planning documents, identify problems and issues, offer solutions, manage beneficiary and COI expectations, work with internal partners, make post mortem elections, oversee the collection of assets, create plans of distribution, review fiduciary tax returns, deliver outstanding client service via proactive communication and status updates. The Senior Estate Advisory Specialist (LO) 1 is charged with ensuring that account administration proceeds in an efficient manner and in accordance with post mortem planning, regulatory, statutory requirements, and internal policies; preliminary risk analysis; review and interpretation of estate planning documents; identifying compliance/risk and potential tax issues; and, review of related documents (estate and gift tax returns, income tax returns, accountings, etc.).
A high level of expertise in death settlement and estate and fiduciary income tax fields is required. Position requires a broad base of fiduciary knowledge, including estate administration, post mortem planning, retirement, insurance, time-value of money, and investments. Must be able to see the “big picture” with respect to a decedent’s estate, issues for the beneficiaries and potential revenue opportunities for the Bank. As such, the Senior Estate Advisory Specialist (LO) 1 is responsible for growing the credibility and enhancing the reputation of Estate Services internally and externally. Contribute to growth of the wealth management business by promoting Agency for Personal Representative or Trustee and future fee business internally and externally through presentations, active participation in Client Relationship Group (CRG) team meetings, partnering with CRG teammates, and actively seeking opportunities to tell the Estate Services story. Coordinate the marshaling of information necessary to complete a well-informed pre-acceptance process to ensure the acceptance of quality business and proper pricing of services.
Specialty fiduciary expert that applies deep knowledge and skills in the area of trust and estate matters, investment management, wealth transition, and financial planning. May partner with a Relationship Manager or act as Relationship Manager in serving clients. Contributes to growth of the specialty wealth management business by participating in and initiating new client acquisition through leveraging fiduciary skills and specialized knowledge in the marketplace. In some cases, may administer and manage the risk of complex trust accounts in order to develop or expand relationships. As the relationship manager for a book of death settlement business, identifies and addresses issues with clients, underwriting/accepting new accounts, administering, terminating, distributes complex accounts. Proactively engages with clients in specialty wealth planning related conversations; collaborates with partners to develop and propose solutions. Communicates directly with clients, business partners and Centers of Influence including external resources i.e. accountants, attorneys, who are related to the client relationship as part of day to day administration. May be a team lead.
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those
customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or
negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job
Salary range is determined by the location of the job
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CO-Denver: Min: $99,400 Mid: $142,000 Max: $184,600
May be considered for discretionary bonus
- 8+ years trust/fiduciary experience demonstrated through work, military or education experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of fiduciary law and federal regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years direct experience in administering estates and deceased grantor trusts as an attorney or trust officer
- Knowledge of complex estate planning, in-depth knowledge of estate, gift and fiduciary income tax laws
- Ability to read, interpret and explain will and trust documents, probate laws, tax provisions (estate, gift and GST including funding formula provisions)
- JD, LL.M, CFP or CTFA designations
- Experience in wealth management with high net worth clients of at least five million dollars
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CO-Denver: Min: $99,400 Mid: $142,000
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.