Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of niche technical functions. Technical Services expertise covers all key resource industry fields, including Resource Modeling, Reserves & Resources, Mine Engineering, Mineral Processing & Metallurgy, Asset Management, Operational Technology and Business Improvement, Information Technology, Supply Chain and Operational Support.
Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function is responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes, systems and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable driven advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process and systems standardization, proactive teamwork, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
This is a senior manager role that draws on expertise as a senior level team leader, strategic problem solver, project manager, communicator, technical subject matter authority, problem solver. Key outcomes include:
- Defining strategic direction for the evaluation, selection, support, continuous improvement and overall governance of global Asset Management systems and associated master data.
- Establishing a hard-working team that provides subject matter expertise on the administration, configuration and overall management of AM systems and technologies.
- Establishing cross functional partnerships with AM leads, Global Business Process Owners, Master Data Governance, Information Technologies and site leads to achieve business objectives and goals
- Defining and implementing strategic plans to support the global AM organization and Operating Support Network (OSN), through systems and master data.
In this role you will
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health
- We actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Asset Management (AM) Systems
- We lead the evaluation, selection, support, continuous improvement and overall governance of global AM systems, while looking to future capability and functionality to resolve gaps
- Run the development and delivery of global AM System related standards, guidelines and supporting documents
- We supervise the administrative maintenance of global third party AM solutions
- Lead all system upgrades, enhancements and implementations from the AM perspective
- We provide direction to Global Data Owners and System Specialists to ensure that global systems and site partners are adequately supported
Master Data Management and Governance
- Lead data management and governance globally to ensure consistency, approval, and accuracy of master data, across all systems. Assess all data quality issues and collaborate with partners to recommend and implement appropriate business solutions
- We establish proactive controls for data standards in SAP PM and other AM global systems, and supervise data quality.
- Influence and guide AM and site maintenance teams on decisions regarding data
- We lead business process improvements that will promote greater data integrity and control
- Make recommendations for process improvements based on audit results to ensure data integrity and adherence to all SOX and Data Governance standards, policies & procedures
Subject Matter Expertise
- We provide Subject Matter Authority guidance to all AM and site teams related to systems, data or processes.
- Handle the review and development of training resources and job aides to support the optimum use and application of global AM systems and master data.
- We partner with Information Technology, Supply Chain and Finance to facilitate business efficiencies within AM
- Lead global data clean-up and validation efforts within AM systems and proactively reach out to all business partners and collaborators to ensure the integrity and fit-for-purpose of global master data
- We ensure systems and data decisions are consistently and clearly communicated across all impacted partners
- Implement global talent management strategy and pipeline
- We facilitate a hard-working virtual work environment across multiple globally dispersed locations
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills & experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- B.S. degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
- Detailed understanding of SAP Plant maintenance module
- Solid understanding of end to end business processes
Training and Experience:
- Significant demonstrated experience in heavy industry, asset management experience is helpful
- Extensive demonstrated experience in SAP
- Demonstrated experience in data governance preferred
- Experience delivering, leading and supporting AM Systems and associated processes
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and standard methodologies across multiple sites
- Experience with leading a hard-working, multi-disciplined, diverse distributed team
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated partner management ability across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization
- A depth and breadth of asset management experience to be recognized and trusted as a business partner by site operations and system leaders
- An ability to communicate complex technical messages through interactive discussions and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and deliver on commitments
- An ability to quickly assess high level information to foresee and diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgment and critical thinking
- An ability to lead global teams and handling people/tasks both in-person and virtually
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a distributed team and project
Working conditions & location
Where you will be located!
The position is located in the Denver, Colorado, US.
The position may require domestic and international travel
Flexible hours required to accommodate global meeting times
The salary range offered for this role is $111,000 to 145,635. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. With the wide availability of vaccines in the United States, if you are offered this position, you will have to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to being hired. This requirement will be subject to an exemption process, as required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.