As a trusted partner to our client, Converge Technology Solutions is helping to identify, screen and hire a full-time, contract to hire Senior Network Engineer to work in Centennial, Colorado.
Your primary responsibility is to lead and/or provide Tier 2/3 support in areas of technology within the network department. You will analyze the enterprise network health, provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 troubleshooting, and open tickets with Telco providers, as necessary. You will also assist the engineering team with many tasks including project work, updating network documentation, break/fix emergencies, after-hours maintenance, and the On-Call rotation. Experience with Silver Peak SD-WAN, Cisco ISE, and Cisco Spine/Leaf architecture is preferred.
- Act as subject matter expert in areas of network owned technologies such as SD-WAN, network access controls, and wireless technologies.
- Support and/or lead new network design initiatives including infrastructure, routing, and switching.
- Support all core infrastructure (Cisco) deployments.
- Support the enterprise network infrastructure as a tiered resource for other team members.
- Assist with working trouble tickets submitted by internal customers.
- Work with internal customers to troubleshoot Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 network related problems.
- Support new partner network initiatives.
- Interface with equipment and telecom vendors to resolve issues.
- Support and troubleshoot other services provided by the network team such as core switching, server load balancing, SD-WAN, network access controls, and wireless technologies.
- Perform equipment installations and relocations as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
- Take initiative to proactively discover potential network impacts.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require changes, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Track and apply security patches and system maintenance as needed.
- Able to support after hours' maintenance including a once a month scheduled maintenance window.
- Participate effectively in an on-call rotation; Travel as needed (local and out of state).
- Must be able rotate a standard daily schedule (team coverage time frames from 6am to 6pm MT)
- Minimum of 5 years of network engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an area of technology preferred.
- Networking certifications, such as CCNP, desirable.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and supporting critical enterprise level LAN, WLAN, and WAN technologies.
- Cisco ISE deployment and/or administration experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change focus as needed.
- Ability to maintain precise documentation and network diagrams.
- Other experience with Cisco CUCM, Silver Peak, Meraki, or F5 desired.
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.