About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a commercial-stage company that is transforming the way that infectious diseases are diagnosed. Lucira Health sells the first at-home COVID test authorized by the FDA. Our technology is a single-use, user-friendly COVID test kit that can produce a positive or negative result on the spot within 30 minutes. Current areas of focus include COVID, Influenza and Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Emeryville, CA - Remote or Hybrid
As Senior Software Development Engineer at Lucira Health, Inc., you will work with a cross-functional R&D team to design and develop software that interface with our test kits for infectious disease diagnostics. You will participate in design and development activities for new products and design change implementation on existing products.
- Contribute to the writing of software requirements and ensure that requirements are testable.
- Design and develop software that interface with test kits and manufacturing tools.
- Implement algorithms on test kit data and R&D data for test kit firmware development.
- Implement unit testing and perform code analysis to maintain code quality.
- Identify and track software issues and troubleshoot bugs.
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in manufacturing and product development.
- Oversee software and firmware version control and coordinate software and firmware release to manufacturing.
- Ensure Lucira Health’s software development complies to FDA 21 CFR 820.30 (design control), IEC 62304 (Software Life Cycle), and ISO 14971 (risk management).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years engineering experience, preferably in a regulated medical device company.
- Strong knowledge of programming in C, C++, C#, Python, and/or MATLAB.
- Experience in designing and developing software for R&D analysis, testing and manufacturing, preferably in a medical device company.
- Ability to understand embedded systems firmware, hardware, schematics and datasheets.
- Experience writing software interfacing with medical devices and instrumentation equipment.
- Experience with version control systems (git).
- Proficiency with specifying software requirements and writing design documentation.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Jira is preferred.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Competitive salaries
• Unlimited PTO and flexible hours for work/life balance
• Health, vision, and dental insurance w/ FSA
• Life and long-term disability insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Parental leave
• Choice of gym membership or commuter benefits
Lucira Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at Lucira Health are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.