Crimson Renewable Energy Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries (“Crimson”) are producers of renewable transportation fuels, specifically the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to national truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Additionally, Crimson via its subsidiary Sequential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in California late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in the California and Oregon alternative fuels industry, which collectively represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and navigating the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
This position is a part of the Accounting Team supporting the Crimson Renewable Energy organization. The Senor Accountant is responsible for supporting the month end close process by completing reconciliations, creating journal entries, investigating variances and completing other tasks as assigned. The Senior accountant also supports the annual audit, semi-annual fields exams and other engagements, provides input on process improvement, mentors the staff accountants and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports as assigned.
While training will be provided on the software we use, previous experience using ERPs or accounting systems will be helpful. The candidate we choose must have intermediate skills with MS Office (especially Excel and Outlook).
• Accurately prepare reconciliations & journal entries in support of the month end close
• Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports for management
• Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned
• Assist in technical accounting research and the preparation of related memos
• Assist in coordinating tasks for Annual Audit and Field Audits
• Mentor, train, and assist in developing 2 Staff Accountants within the team
• Ability to bring forth fresh new ideas to the team for processes improvement &team building
Required Education and Experience
• Graduate or Undergraduate degree, accounting or finance preferred
• 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
• Audit background highly desired
• CPA and experience researching and documenting accounting topics a definite plus
• Strong understanding of financial statements
• Experienced in General Ledger maintenance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet. Advanced Excel capabilities a plus
• Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment
• Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic, solid sense of ownership, and customer service focus
• Must be very organized and possess strong attention to detail
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers, co-workers, and operating personnel
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks under stringent deadlines with multiple competing priorities
• Seeks progressively more challenging tasks in a development-oriented culture
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Customer Service focus, always looking to help others
Work Environment & Travel
The?Senior Accountant’s office?is?located in Denver, CO. The headquarters is light, open, and business casual. This position has a hybrid work structure where you would come into the office a few times per month. The position could include 2-4 trips per year to the company’s operating locations in California and Oregon.