Be part of building something great
Talkiatry is solving the mental health crisis in our community by building a psychiatric practice that addresses the unique needs of psychiatrists and insurers. The result? We are growing rapidly because psychiatrists prefer our practice model.
Using our proprietary technology platform, psychiatrists can design the job of their dreams: the hours, pay, and patient population they desire as well as the flexibility of practicing in-person or by telepsychiatry. Best of all, Talkiatry takes on the headaches of running a private practice, like billing and finding new patients. We allow the psychiatrist to focus on what they care about most: their patients.
Patients benefit too. We make mental health care more accessible by offering convenient appointment times and accepting insurance--things that are a huge challenge for patients today. Through our proprietary intake process we match patients with the clinician most able to treat their condition so they can feel better faster.
We're looking for a mission-driven Senior UX Designer to help tackle this mental health crisis.
What You'll Do
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to interaction design (IxD) to being a resource during implementation.
- Observe and talk to clinicians, and staff members, in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, allowing you to identify user needs and strategize product and service solutions across the organization.
- Generate hypotheses and help frame solutions through both quantitative and qualitative user research methods.
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi-fidelity interaction design (IxD) prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex data.
- Communicate your ideas through design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development.
- Contribute to our shared design system and shape the future of our products alongside other designers.
Who You Are
- You're an energetic and innovative UX designer with 6+ years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an interaction design (IxD), product, or user experience
- You’re a self-starter and are experienced in independently conducting user research both internally and externally.
- You are lean in your design process and value the iterative design process as a way to measure progress toward a desired outcome.
- You are able to synthesize research findings and explain complex design decisions both verbally and in written form.
- You are able to present your ideas clearly to designers and non-designers, and how those ideas relate to business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility.
- You are constantly expanding your knowledge of user-centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and know how best to apply both in various contexts.
- You’re a great collaborator and can lead others through a shared design process that is based on delivering high-value user experiences that meet business goals.
- You’re a pro with design tools: Figma, Sketch and Adobe apps.
- Experience working in a healthcare company is preferred but not required.
- Passion for healthcare and mental health care is preferred but not required.
Why Join Our Team?
With your research and design skills, you’ll be able to work alongside other designers, engineers, clinicians, data scientists, and technologists to help improve the world of mental health care. With a shortage of psychiatrists, we believe smoothing out workflows internally and matching patients more efficiently can help both patients and clinicians get back to their lives.
We’re a young, rapidly growing company and we are committed to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives.
- Up to 100% paid healthcare, vision and dental insurance
- 401k with match
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO policy
- Remote and in-office flexibility
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.