The Software Developer is responsible for building and maintaining mission-critical systems in support of our payment processing applications. The candidate must be an energetic self-starter and maintain the dynamic pace of the EVO Application Development environment. This position is responsible for working with and enhancing the code relating to back-end services and web based administration UIs. Responsibilities include: developing core features and services, adhering to coding standards, performing code/security reviews.
What you'll do:
- Build scalable highly available REST web services with Microsoft .Net Core and Framework
- Code API and data access using .NET, SQL Server, queueing, caching and other technologies
- Able to convert business requirements to backend data solutions
- Develop SQL queries, stored procedures, tables, and views
- Review code and perform unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained.
- Communicate with coworkers, quality assurance staff and documentation staff to clarify program design details, exchange and verify information, and coordinate work activities.
- Contribute in change control policies, software builds, deployment strategies, code reviews and software recommendations.
- Take part in agile ceremonies to estimate and execute programming projects.
- Work with one or more Agile Scrum teams
- Assist in ongoing troubleshooting, maintenance and production support of existing application programs.
- Perform unit testing and debug programs.
- Learn new technologies as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience with prior related work experience; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of software development, programming and analytical experience.
- 5+ years .NET WCF, WebApi, MVC, and/or .NET Core in c#
- 5+ years of SQL database programming experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft development and server environments, including Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Ability to analyze requirement, provide feedback, create detailed design specifications and perform required design work.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to programming issues, defects and bugs as assigned or encountered.
- Working knowledge of message queueing, caching, and web services preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Exposure to the agile methodology
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
Why work for EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.