Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero-carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The SMART team is a key part of this, providing bespoke software solutions across the global wind, solar and energy storage Support Services business. This includes:
- Retrieving and homogenizing data from a wide range of operational renewable energy power plants
- Analyzing operational data from renewable energy power plants, including data from Condition Monitoring Systems
- Providing flexible reporting solutions for internal and external clients
- Creating engineering analysis tools used by specialists to detect and prevent faults
- Using machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate the application of specialist knowledge
The Software Developer role is a key role within the SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool) team. The Software Developer role exists to architect, implement, and support new software products for RES Support Services.
- Working together with the Product Owner and subject matter experts to deliver new software products following the Scrum development methodology
- Choosing the right technology, architecture, and infrastructure for each product in consultation with other software developers and the Product Owner
- Maintaining high operational performance; monitor and control exceptions and application availability and application performance
- Onboarding new sites and supporting existing sites in the SMART platforms, including monitoring, reporting, and custom calculations
- Assisting the Product Owner with user story definition and estimation
- Demonstrating new features at wrap up meetings
- Following and contributing to team working agreement
- Contributing to the strategic technical direction of the product
- Supporting continuous improvement of team tools and practices
The Software Developer reports to the SMART Product Manager within Group Technical. The Software Developer will work in a team which includes a Software Developers, Product Owners, Software Support Specialists and Data Scientists.
- Cloud native application development
- Client-side Web development (including Typescript, React and Redux)
- .Net Core
- SQL databases (including MS SQL Server)
- Testing frameworks
- Continuous Integration Systems (in particular Azure Pipelines)
- Version Control systems (in particular Github)
Knowledge / Experience
- Relevant experience working as a software developer
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Continuous deployment
- Test Driven Development
- Object orientation best practices
- Mathematics and statistics
- Renewables experience desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to discuss and implement numerical algorithms, data analysis and machine learning methods
- Ability to understand users’ success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
- Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a technical discipline
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United State; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.
Anticipated base salary range: $80,000- $110,000
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individualeducation, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position isbonus eligible.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.