Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
• Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests
• Optimize performance tuning for high utilization 24x7 access
• Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
• Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements
• Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
• Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
• Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
• Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
• Updates technical skills as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Project designs and plans are creative, employ useful technologies, meet deadlines, and fulfill goals and requirements.
• Project estimates are well-researched and accurate.
• Project testing procedures are effective and timely. Results are well-analyzed and problems are corrected.
• Required reports and documentation are complete and current.
• Good communication and working relationships exist with clients and co-workers. Concerns are promptly addressed and any problems effectively resolved.
• Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Company policies and procedures are closely followed.
• Experience with Web Services development: REST/SOAP/SOA/XML/HTML
• Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning
• Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices to write high quality code
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects and the ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other team members
• Encouraged to assist less experienced peers
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• 3 years' experience and a proven track record in developing web-based applications and web services using Java, SOAP, REST, XML, and other web technologies, including
• 2 years' experience
• Experience interfacing with Oracle databases, and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure
Other Technical Experience That Would be a Plus
• Agile/Scrum project development
• DROOLS, JBOSS
• Technical Certification
• Application Integration with legacy systems
• Oracle or other database interface
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.