SENIOR JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Select Group is looking for a Sr. Java Software Engineer for its Top Telecommunication client in the Denver, CO area. In this role, the Java developer will be a part of an Agile team, developing client-facing REST APIs that provide data for video content delivery applications. Engineers are expected to design and implement scalable, dependable systems as needed and be self-starters, capable of handling responsibility and making decisions and communicating effectively within the team.
SR. JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER SKILLS
- 6+ years of Java experince
- Strong experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Experince with MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience using AWS managed services
- Strong experience with containerization and container orchestration
- Experience with monitoring technologies (Splunk, Instana, Datadog, Prometheus, etc).
- Knowledge of API documentation, especially Swagger (OpenAPI)
- Experience using CI/CD automation (Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Experience with building and designing REST APIs.
- Experience with software security principles and patterns.
- Ability to collaborate with and contribute to a common culture of excellence.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Netflix OSS considered a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Code, test, debug, and enhance software.
- Write programs according to specifications and define specifications for complex programs.
- Monitor and repair critical systems on an as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Serve as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Maximize the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
- Follow established configuration/change control processes.
- Collaborate with customers and internal/external technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans