Location: Northglenn, CO
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer - Multi-disciplinary - II
Our Client is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Client Location Technology (VLT) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
As a Software Engineer, you will be solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart and passionate team members. You must have hands-on experience building scalable services. Your responsibilities will include participating in the overarching solution, working closely with software engineering teams to bridge key technical relationships, and driving projects towards success.
You will work closely with product owners, additional stakeholders and software engineering teams to develop high-quality software. You will be detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and collaboratively with members across the organization.
* Design, build, and support our next-generation platform APIs used by numerous B2B product teams.
* Build new and exciting APIs.
* Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability, and quality.
* Practice Agile development methods and exemplify the core values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
* Routinely deliver working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria.
* Learn from, collaborate with, and mentor team members.
* Facilitate technical conflict resolution with active listening and critical thinking.
You’ll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of software engineering experience, including Java and/or related languages.
* Two or more years of experience with database technologies (Postgres, MySql, etc) including SQL and NoSQL technologies.
* Significant experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems (caching, messaging, asynchronicity, ETL, etc).
* Experience with functional programming paradigms.
* Experience designing, building and managing Internet-scale APIs.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker and Kubernetes.
Even better if you have:
* Six or more years of experience leading large-scale projects.
* Six or more years of experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, inter-process communication, and complex software development.
* Experience mentoring and growing software engineers.
* Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team.
* Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, IoT, location, and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com