Arch Amenities Group, the worlds leading spa, fitness and amenity management firm, is seeking a Spa & Fitness Director in Lakewood, CO for an independent senior living facility. The Spa and Fitness Director is responsible for the day-to day operations of the facility to include: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other revenue centers on property, and professionally represents the facility and AAG. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed resident expectations. Base salary of $65K plus bonus and apply today to join our team.
- Ensures the Arch Amenities Group Experience for members and residents by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and Arch Amenities Group.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the Arch Amenities Group operations template.
- Uses a template to develop a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and forwards recommended changes to the client with Account Executives approval.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Assesses all employees progress continually, trains employees, coaches employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors resident feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on resident requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or residents, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Develops and oversees a monthly fitness class schedule tailored to the ability and preference of the participating residents.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures the successful integration of the spa and salon as well as the fitness facility into the overall operations of the resident facility.
- Ensures that the spa and fitness center is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the clients accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa, salon and fitness equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Corporate Risk Management Department and Arch Amenities Group Operations Director
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
- 3+ years of successful spa and fitness management experience.
- Knowledge of professional spa and salon services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotions.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa and fitness environment.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and treatment products.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.