Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
JOB NUMBER: 5487 POSITION: Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
GROUP / GRADE: Teacher Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details. JOB DESCRIPTION: The early childhood special education teacher will assess and provide intervention to ensure student success and promote an exemplary education program fostering achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among the school community: parents, staff, administration, and other community members.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Hold a valid Colorado Early Childhood Special Education License. 2. Proficiency in using technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to assess and provide intervention services to students (2 to 5 years of age) who exhibit special needs, and monitor progress toward Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals.
2. Ability to assess and provide intervention to English language learners and students who are on a Response to Intervention (RTI) plan.
3. Familiarity with diagnostic assessments for Early Childhood Special Education.
4. Strong knowledge of the content area, teaching methods, learning styles, and educational research related to special education students of all levels and abilities.
5. Strong classroom management, communication, organization, and planning skills.
6. Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
7. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, staff, parents, and administrators.
8. Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community.
9. Demonstrate an ability to provide small group and individual services to all levels of student ability (service cognitive delay, autism, learning disabled, emotional disabilities, and speech/language eligible students). 1
0. Ability to work cooperatively with the ECE team (classroom teachers, teaching assistants, and other special education staff) to provide intervention and consultation regarding the needs of students. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1. Experience in pediatrics or early childhood is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Very heavy physical effort (lifting up to 75 pounds).
• Prolonged standing and walking.
• Frequent bending, reaching and climbing.
• Occasional lifting, pulling and pushing.
• Speaking and hearing.
• Visual concentration.
• Eye/hand coordination.
• Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard.
• Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
• Varying levels of noise.
• Severe needs classroom environment.
• Normal school district environment.
• May work outdoors when monitoring student activities.
• May be required to perform physical restraint.
• May be required to assist students with custodial needs such as feeding, toilet, etc. (ILC).